- Microsoft Client Operating Systems (NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems (NT4. 2000, 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2, 2016)
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2000, 2003, 2007, 2010)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014)
- Linux Operating Systems (Ubuntu, Redhat Enterprise, Debian, CentOS)
- Microsoft Active Directory, Global Policy, WINS, DNS, WSUS, SCCM, MDT, IIS, Hyper-V
- Microsoft Office 97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, O365
- VMware ESXi Server
- Apache 1.x, 2.x
- Cisco Meraki Switches, Access Points, Firewall Appliances
- Cisco Network Devices from CompuMaster, 2004
- Associates in Applied Science majoring in Computer Network Systems Technology, ITT Technical Institute, 2001
- CompTIA A+ Certified Technician
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Configuration
Information Technology Specialist
03.10 to 01.17
Aveva is a leading global provider of engineering, design and information management software focusing on the oil and gas business sector with 2,000 employees, 3,500 customers and annual gross revenue in excess of 200 million Euro. My role involved systems administration of servers and engineering endpoint delivery for the Americas region.
- Implemented Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) for workstation imaging process regionally saving more than 600 man hours annually
- Played key role in the successful rollout of global Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) providing image, patch and application deployment for workstation and server fleet, enabling the business to measure its compliance to system baseline and increase security by speeding up patch deployment
- Improved time to resolution of tickets by 50% due to creation of standards for addressing common user concerns
- Engineered disaster recovery solutions for remote offices protecting our software design team from data loss
The BTS Team
Information Technology Project Specialist
08.09 to 03.10
The BTS Team provided outsourced Information Technology services. My dedicated client provided services to the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Engineered Active directory improvements and completed a project to lower time required to set up users and make companywide changes using login and startup scripts for 30+ workstations saving 70 manhours for the configuration while also allowing for dynamic changes
- Led server migration and consolidation project pushing legacy physical servers to VMWare ESX. My contribution included the reduction of hardware footprint and energy consumption by 50%
- Engineered Disaster Recovery solution for entire Redhat Enterprise Linux Web Server fleet insuring the business could restore operations within 6 hours
08.07 to 01.09
As a national, retail energy provider for commercial markets, Glacial Energy provided electricity for clients throughout the United States. I was part of the national IT support team, servicing clients throughout multiple time zones.
- Managed all Windows (Server, SQL, Exchange) and Linux servers for the company
- Streamlined laptop imaging for the sales force, bringing configuration time per laptop from 4 hours to 30 minutes
- Set up offsite backup for local customer database
- Set up ticketing/inventory system to increase productivity
- Maintained site to site Wide Area Network
- Created and maintained technical documentation
- Responsible for hardware and software license compliance for entire organization
First Community Bank/Wells Fargo
Systems Administrator/PC Lan Analyst II
03.01 to 07.07
First Community Bank was a 20+ branch bank primarily located in the south side of Houston, TX. I provided service and support for the entire team. Once acquired, I was a part of the Wells Fargo team, where I provided service and support for all Houston and surrounding area branches.
- Managed Windows 2000 Servers, Exchange 2000, MS SQL Server and Novell 5.x
- Managed Cisco and Avaya routers, PIX Firewall, 3Com switches, and DSU/CSU’s
- Helpdesk support for 200+ employees
- Managed computer hardware and software installation and mitigated issues
- Created and maintained technical backup documentation
- Designed replacement network for Wells Fargo’s acquisition of First Community Bank
- Established networking equipment wiring
- Provided IT support for Wells Fargo’s regional network of banks
Residential Support Shift Lead Supervisor
01.00 to 11.00
PDQ.net, a then local Internet service provider, serviced residential and commercial clients throughout Houston and its surrounding areas. I led support efforts for their residential customers. I also provided support for Neosoft, which was a PDQ company.
- Responsible for Residential dial-up and DSL support
- Tier Three technical support
- Managed call volumes for both PDQ and Neosoft Customers
- Helped maintain company Unix shell server
- Provisioned DSL circuits
03.99 to 11.99
UCS, now Reynolds and Reynolds, is a company that provides hardware and software for Ford dealerships, specifically their services department. I worked in the PC Team department and was responsible for managing work stations in the parts department as well as providing support to the repair shop team. My role additionally included providing quality assurance checks of other technicians’ work to confirm compliance with established standards.
- Troubleshot whole and parts of computer systems.
- Repaired computers and motherboards
- Performed quality assurance inspections on other technicians’ work.